Monday 11 June 2007

let the wanting begin

I'm not going to waste too much time here embellishing my writing. This blog has been a long time coming and my first few posts are going to be catching up for years of absence. I want to try to do the following things here:

  • represent worthwhile moments in my own cooking
  • capture other eating moments that should be shared
  • find out what it might mean to represent smell

I have named the blog 'olfactory desire' because I have always been fascinated by how we tend to rank smell so low on the human hierarchy of senses. The desire will hopefully become obvious through the posts themselves. I close here by saying that I'm wishfully thinking right now that I will actually find the time to make this worthwhile. I know that more likely it will be an abridged version of what I am initially hoping for but at least it will be something.

No comments: