Saturday 16 June 2007

my partner made an excellent cypriot-style leg of lamb

The meal began with a rocket, parsley, cherry tomato and fried halloumi salad dressed and seasoned with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper.




I wasn't allowed to read the recipe but I understand that it comes from one of my cookbooks called "Cooking from Cyprus" by Nearchos Nicolaou. The lamb was undercooked according to the recipe and how I remember meat being cooked back home but then again I had to wait through most of my youth before I lived abroad and got the opportunity to try how much better meats like lamb taste when they aren't overcooked. I was apprehensive about the wine, an unfinished bottle of Earth's Portrait, 2006 Chardonnay from the other night, but it worked well for me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: